Dressing For Your Body Type: Flattering Business Wear For Every Shape
It's critical to consider your body type when dressing professionally. Because everybody is unique, what suits one person well may not look as good on another.
Knowing your shape is the first step in dressing for your body type. The five most common body types are Apple, pear, hourglass, rectangle, and inverted triangle. After identifying your body type, you can start picking clothes that match your shape.
- It's important to dress for your shoulders and legs when you have an apple-shaped body, which is defined by a larger core and smaller hips. V-neck tops, wrap dresses, and a-line skirts are all excellent options. Avoid wearing tight-fitting blouses and high-waisted clothing to help hide your tummy.
- Clothing that balances your proportions is crucial for pear-shaped bodies, which are defined by larger hips and thighs and a smaller upper torso. Wide-leg slacks, a-line skirts, and tops with embellishments at the neckline are all excellent options. Avoid wearing tight-fitting shirts and narrow pants since they will draw attention to your hips and thighs.
- An hourglass figure has a distinct waistline and a balanced upper and lower torso. Fortunately for you, an hourglass form flatters practically anything! Pick outfits that accentuate your contours, such as wrap dresses, fitting blazers, and pencil skirts.
- Body types with a rectangular shape have an athletic, straight frame with little waist definition. Choose apparel that gives volume to your upper and lower body, including ruffled shirts, flared skirts, and wide-leg pants, to give the appearance of curves. Avoid wearing baggy clothing because it can make you appear slender.
- Body types with an inverted triangle shape have broader shoulders and narrower hips. Choose clothes that give volume to your lower body, including A-line skirts, bootcut jeans, and flared dresses, to balance out your proportions. Avoid wearing clothes with excessive shoulder detailing because they can make you appear top-heavy.
There are many options for a business dress that are flattering for any body shape. The secret is to pick items that balance your proportions and highlight your best features. You may dress for success at work and feel good about yourself by using the advice in this blog.